Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the rechargeable batteries are not charging or the charge light does not illuminate.
- Ensure that Sony® rechargeable batteries are being used.
- Ensure that the supplied AC adapter is being used to charge the batteries.
- Ensure the AC adapter is plugged into a working AC outlet.
- Press the CHARGE or CHG button.
- Ensure that the HOLD button on the CD player is set to the OFF position.
- If the issue is still unresolved, remove the batteries from the CD player.
- Attempt to operate the CD player using only the connected AC adapter.
- If the CD player does not operate with the AC adapter, then the AC adapter may require service.
- If the CD player operates correctly with the AC adapter, then the rechargeable batteries may need to be replaced.