If the display panel on the car stereo receiver is dim or does not light, the connectors may need to be cleaned or there may be a mode setting that needs to be adjusted. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Press and hold the OFF button for a few seconds.
NOTE: On some models, this will toggle the display on and off.
- Check to see if your car stereo has a dimmer setting, which can disable the display. If the car audio system does have this setting, try adjusting it to the different dimmer settings.
- The car stereo may not function properly if the connectors between the receiver and the front panel are not clean. In order to prevent this, do the following:
WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury. For safety, before cleaning the connectors, turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Do not apply too much force when cleaning the connectors. Otherwise, the connectors may be damaged.
- Never touch the connectors directly with your fingers or any metal device.
- Open the front panel.
- Detach the front panel from the main unit.
- Using a cotton swab lightly dipped, not soaked, in alcohol, clean the connectors on the front of the main unit and on the back of the front panel.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes before reattaching the front panel.
NOTE: Information regarding cleaning the connectors is available in the manual that came with your product.
- Press the RESET button with a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
NOTE: Pressing the RESET button will erase the clock setting and some of the stored contents.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.