The update is taking a long time or does not seem to be updating at all.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. After the update package is downloaded, the AV receiver will install the update. Do not turn off the AV receiver while the update is being installed.
- Updating via Internet may take about 60 minutes depending on the network environment.
- For some AV receiver models, as the system is updating, the green power LED indicator light will flash.
The message Download capacity: xxxxxxKB/xxxxxKB, xx% and the progress bar on the display may no longer change in the middle of the update process. If the update does not complete even after more than 60 minutes, the network speed may be slow. Press the Power button to turn off the AV receiver and to stop downloading the update and then perform the following:
NOTE: If pressing the Power button does not work, hold the Power button down for 10 seconds to reboot the unit.
- If the AV receiver is connected through a wireless network, change to a wired network.
- Power reset the modem and the router.
- Power reset the AV receiver.
- Run the update again.
- For the STR-DN860 and STR-DN1060 AV receivers, if the issue is unresolved, use a USB flash drive to install the update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.