IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The zone 2 feature allows this receiver to send a second source signal to a separate audio system in another location. For example, you can watch a DVD in the main zone, while others can listen to a CD in zone 2 at the same time.
To use this feature, you need:
- An additional audio system (for example, an amplifier) to output the sound in zone 2.
NOTE: The zone 2 feature is limited to a source using an analog audio connection.
- An IR repeater (not supplied) to allow you to control this receiver in the main zone, from zone 2.
NOTE: An IR repeater can be purchased from the Sony® Authorized dealers.
The diagram below shows the zone 2 connection using this receiver in the main zone, and an amplifier and an IR repeater in zone 2:
If you have connected an IR repeater, follow these steps using the supplied remote control to operate the receiver from zone 2:
- Turn on the receiver and play the source that you want to listen to in zone 2.
- Turn on the amplifier in zone 2.
- Press the ZONE button to switch the remote to zone 2.
- Press the button to activate the zone 2 function.
- Press one of the following buttons to select the source that you want to listen to:
Source Button SAT/CATV SOURCE VIDEO 1 SOURCE SA-CD/CD SOURCE or SA-CD/CD TUNER TUNER repeatedly to select FM or AM.
- Adjust the volume on the amplifier in zone 2.
- If you have not connected an IR repeater, the main receiver will have to be operated in the room that it is located.
- When you select either FM or AM, the last station you listen to will be heard.
Follow these steps to exit the zone 2 operation:
- Using the supplied remote, press the ZONE button.
- Press the button.
- Even when the receiver is in standby mode, the amplifier in zone 2 remains on.
- When this receiver is in Standby mode, the indicator on the front panel will light up if the amplifier in zone 2 is also turned on.
- The AirPlay® feature cannot be used in zone 2.