The on-screen keyboard does not appear when a text field is selected or when tapping the keyboard icon in task bar.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the on-screen keyboard does not appear.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, download and install all available driver, system and application updates. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: The on-screen keyboard functionality is only designed to work on a notebook computer when the computer is in Tablet mode (screen closed flat over the keyboard).
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type Services.msc and then press the Enter key.
- In the Services window, under Name, click to select the desired service.
- Scroll down and double click the Touch Screen Keyboard And Handwriting Panel Service.
- In the Touch Screen Keyboard And Handwriting Panel Service Properties window, next to Startup type, click the down arrow and set this service to Automatic.
- Next to Service status, if the service shows as Stopped, click the Start button to start it, and if the service shows as Running, click the Stop button and then the Start button to restart the service.
- Restart the computer and verify that the onscreen keyboard appears when tapping inside the Search charm text field.