The following are needed when cleaning the camera body and lens by yourself.
- Brush - This is used to wipe away dust and dirt on the camera body or lens. Use a large or small brush for the lens, whichever is appropriate.
- Blower - This is used to blow away dust and dirt on or in the camera body or lens.
- Cleaning cloth - This is used to wipe off dust and dirt on the camera body or lens. A cloth made of synthetic fibers, which can be washed and used over again, is recommended. It can easily remove oil transferred to the rear LCD from your nose.
- Lens cleaner solution - An optional material used to wipe off excessive dust and dirt on the lens.
To clean the camera body and lens, follow the steps below.
- Using a brush, remove any large dust, dirt, or other particles from the exterior of the camera and lens.
- Use a large brush for the exterior and small brush for fine parts.
- Gently remove dust from the entire exterior without applying excessive pressure.
- Still using a brush, remove dust from around the lens.
- Using a blower, blow away small dust and dirt particles from the small parts of the camera and the lens.
- Remove the lens cap.
- Still using a blower, blow away dust on the surface of the lens.
- Wipe the lens with a cleaning cloth.
- If particularly dirty, wet a soft cloth or lens tissue with lens cleaner solution and wipe in a circular motion from the center of the lens.
IMPORTANT: Do not apply lens cleaner solution directly to the lens. Doing so may damage the lens.
- Attach the lens cap to prevent the lens from acquiring further dirt.