Windows 8.1 August update now has the ability to add the Russian ruble currency symbol when needed.
Follow these steps to enable this feature.
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.
NOTES: Because the Control Panel is a traditional Windows Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, click Clock, Language and Region.
- In the Clock, Language and Region window, click Region.
- In the Region window, in the Format field, click the down arrow, click to select Russian (Russia), and then click the Additional Setting button.
- In the Customize Format window, click the Currency tab.
- On the Currency tab, next to Currency symbol, click to select the ruble currency.
- In the Customize Format window, click the OK button.
- In the Region window, click the OK button.
To inset the symbol using the touch screen keyboard, press Symbol and Number page for Russian input locale.
To inset the symbol using a physical keyboard, press the right Alt button + 8 key.
NOTE: The AltGR button can be used instead of the right Alt button if available on your keyboard.