IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the sound from the TV is not output when the home theater system is connected via an HDMI® cable, try any of the following:
If there is no sound output after the home theater system is powered on
- Power off the home theater system and TV.
- Wait for one minute.
- Power on the home theater system and TV.
If there is no sound output after operating the TV channels or a connected player
If the input of the home theater system switches to OPTICAL when changing the TV channel or operating another device, sound from the TV will not be output.
- On the supplied remote of the home theater system, press the INPUT button repeatedly to display HDMI.
- Press the MENU button to display AUDIO
- Select TV AU.
- Select HDMI.
- Press the VOLUME button to adjust the volume.