IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
To enjoy DIRECTV® 4K Ultra HD, you need the following:
- A Genie™ HD DVR (Model HR54 or later).
- A manufacturer-certified DIRECTV 4K Ready TV.
NOTE: If you have 4K TV that is not certified DIRECTV Ready, the DIRECTV installer will use a 4K Genie Mini (C61K) as part of the connection.
- Professional installation. Your 4K equipment must be installed by a DIRECTV technician. Contact DIRECTV for more information or to schedule an installation.
- An ULTIMATE or PREMIER™ Package.
- An authorized 4K customer account. Contact DIRECTV to learn more.