IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This is a specification of the product. The TV is designed to mute audio from the the Digital Audio Out (Optical) port when receiving Dolby Digital Plus™ audio. To enable Dolby Digital Plus on a Home Theater System, soundbar, or A/V Receiver, connect an HDMI® cable to the HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC port on your TV.
If you want to use the Digital Audio Out (Optical) port on your TV, you can listen to Dolby Digital® sound with the steps below. If model-specific information is required to complete each step, check your manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Set your TV speakers to audio system.
- On the supplied remote, press the ACTION MENU button.
- Select Speakers.
- Select Audio system.
- Set Dolby Digital Plus to off.
- Press the ACTION MENU button.
- Select Sound adjustments.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select Input Related or Common.
- Select Dolby Digital Plus output.
- Select Dolby Digital.