IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can check the Sony | Home Entertainment Connect app (supported models only) or press the DISPLAY or DISPLAY MODE button on your device or the device's remote control to see if the AV receiver or soundbar is playing in Dolby Atmos® format.
- Sony | Home Entertainment Connect app-supported models: After performing the Initial setup using the Sony | Home Entertainment Connect app, you can check the playback format on the Home screen of the app.
- Other models:
- Soundbar (models with prefix HT): Press the DISPLAY button on your remote control. The current output audio format will appear on the connected TV screen. When Dolby Atmos content plays, the display shows characters such as DOLBY ATMOS.
- Multi Channel AV Receiver (models with prefix STR): On the device's front panel, press the DISPLAY or DISPLAY MODE button several times. DAtmos or DOLBY ATMOS or ATMOS will appear on your TV screen.
- This article is for how to check if the audio IS playing in Dolby Atmos format. If you need assistance on HOW to connect the components in order to playback Dolby Atmos content, refer to the Play Dolby Atmos audio using a Multi Channel AV receiver or soundbar article.
- During 4K output on an Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ movie, playback information such as DOLBY ATMOS may not appear on the TV screen even if you press the DISPLAY button.
- When the unit is set to TV input, playback information will not appear even if you press the DISPLAY button.