IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
For some camera models, the Driver Loader installation is required on a computer using macOS® 10.13 High Sierra operating system before you can update the firmware.
Before You Start
- Fully charge the camera battery.
- Remove the memory card.
- Set your camera USB settings.
- Log in as an administrator on your computer running on macOS High Sierra.
- Download your camera's Driver Loader and System Software Updater (firmware). Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Install the Driver Loader Software
- Double-click the Driver Loader icon to run the software.
- Enter the administrator password and click on OK.
- Connect your camera to the USB port of the computer.
- On the Driver Loader window, click OK.
- Run the camera's System Software Updater.