IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This information is provided to help with using your TV speakers as a center speaker with your audio system or soundbar.
TV center speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode
When connecting a TV with the TV center speaker mode or the S-Center speaker mode to an audio system or soundbar, you can use your TV as part of your center speaker. By using your TV as part of your center speaker, conversations sound natural because you can hear them from the screen and its vicinity. Models with TV center speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode have either CENTER SPEAKER IN or S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals on the back of the TV.
- CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal: By connecting to a home theater (with AV receiver), you can use the TV speaker as a center speaker.
- S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal: By connecting to a specific soundbar that has an S-CENTER SPEAKER OUT terminal using the TV center speaker mode cable (supplied with the soundbar), you can use the TV speaker as a part of your center speaker.
Note: The S-Center speaker input is compatible with the HT-A9, HT-A7000, HT-A5000, and HT-A3000 soundbar models. (As of September 2022)
Acoustic Center Sync
If your TV supports both the Acoustic Surface Audio/Acoustic Multi Audio and Acoustic Center Sync, when using Acoustic Center Sync, the sound can match exactly what's displayed on the screen exactly where the character is standing in the scene. Providing more precisely tuned actions and sound for a more immersive experience.
Speaker cable connection
If your TV has the center speaker mode capability and you want to use it as a center speaker, connect a Home theater with an A/V Receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal on the TV.
Speaker cable connection
Use a speaker cable to connect the AV receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal of the TV.
- [A]. AV receiver
- [B]. TV
- [C]. Speaker cable
- [D]. A/V Receiver CENTER OUT terminal
- [E]. TV CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal - The type of CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal varies depending on the model
- [F]. HDMI (ARC) cable or optical digital audio cable connecting the TV and the A/V Receiver. For additional details, refer to the BRAVIA Connectivity Guide.
- Make sure to connect the speaker cable with matching (+/-) polarities.
- To output audio from the Home theater system, follow the steps below
- For 2021 models: press the (Quick Settings) button, then select Settings → Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- For other models: press the HOME button, then select the Settings icon → Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- If the Audio out → TV center speaker mode is set to OFF, turn it ON.
- If you can’t hear any sound from the speakers, check the A/V Receiver’s setting or audio signal. For detailed information, check your A/V Receiver manual.
Performing an automatic calibration
If available, use your audio system's automatic calibration function. The measured distance may be several meters farther than the actual distance. If your audio system doesn't have automatic calibration, set the center speaker level of your audio system manually.