IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If any of these messages appear during the software update, follow the instructions provided to continue with the update.
- Software transfer failed
- Please wait...Downloading software...
- Please wait...Updating...
If any of the issues above occur, the following conditions might cause the update to stop before it completes.
- Other Bluetooth® devices are connected to the smartphone (wearable device, etc.).
- The headphones and mobile device have an unstable Bluetooth connection.
- The headphones or mobile device has a low battery.
- There is signal interference, such as from a wireless LAN or other wireless devices.
- The automatic power-off function is ON (for only Truly Wireless headphones).
- The power saving mode on the mobile device is set to ON (for Android™ devices only).
- The music is playing during the update (for WF-1000XM4 only).
- The headphones are stored in the charging case (for Truly Wireless headphones only)
Troubleshoot the issue
- Tap Cancel on the Sony | Headphones Connect app to cancel the update.
- Turn off power to all Bluetooth devices connected to the mobile device being used for the update.
Note: If another Bluetooth device registered to the Sony | Headphones Connect app, or a device compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy (wearable device, smartwatch, etc.), is connected to your device, the update may not be possible.
- Turn off the mobile device. Then turn it back on.
- Close the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- Fully charge your headphones and mobile device.
- Open the Sony | Headphones Connect app on the mobile device.
- Make a Bluetooth connection between your mobile device and the headphones, play the music, and then check that the sound is heard from both sides of the headphones.
- Check if the Automatic Power Off function is enabled. (Truly Wireless headphones only).
Note: By default, the auto power-off function is enabled, so the power will turn off automatically if the headphones are not worn for about five minutes. Update the headphones again after disabling the Automatic Power Off function. Use the Sony | Headphones Connect app to change the auto power off settings. Please update the headphones again after disabling the Automatic Power Off function.
Perform the update again
Check the following conditions first and then perform the update again using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- Turn off or close all other apps running on the mobile device.
- Keep the headphones as close to the mobile device as possible.
- Keep other devices that transmit radio waves, including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi® devices, away from the headphones and the mobile device.
- When using an iOS™ device (iPhone®, iPad®, etc.), turn off the Google Assistant settings.
- When using an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.), stop playing the music during the update (for WF-1000XM4 only).