IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can operate the Home Theater System using the TV remote control when the devices are connected with an HDMI® cable and the Control for HDMI function is enabled.
The following operations can be used with the TV remote control:
- Power On/Off: You can turn the TV On or Off, and the Home Theater System will turn On or Off at the same time.
- Volume adjustment: You can adjust the volume of the Home Theater System when it is selected in the audio output setting of the TV.
If the Home Theater System and TV don't turn on at the same time:
- Make sure that HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) function is enabled on both the Sound Bar and the TV. For details about the settings, refer to each product manual.
- For the Sound Bar settings, make sure the Control for HDMI function is set to ON.
- If your TV is a BRAVIA, make sure that the BRAVIA Sync function is set to ON.
- Note: If your TV is other than a BRAVIA, the function name will be different. On your TV, search the settings related to the HDMI CEC function and set it to ON.
- Turn off the TV and the Home Theater.
- Turn on the TV using the TV remote control.
- Turn on the Home Theater using the Home Theater remote control.
- Turn off the TV and the Home Theater using the TV remote control. Once the TV and the Home Theater can be turned off simultaneously, you will be able to turn them both on and off the next time.