Software build number
- Xperia® 5: 55.2.A.4.332
This system software update features
- Android security patch level: October 1, 2021
For more detailed information, refer to the Introducing Xperia with Android 11 article.
Update your device
- Check your device's current software version:
- Go to and tap Settings → About phone → Build number.
- When a software update is available, the (refresh icon) appears in the status bar.
- To download and install a system update from the Notification panel
- If you're using a device with multiple users, make sure you're logged in as the owner.
- Drag the status bar downwards to open the Notification panel.
- Scroll down and select the wanted system update, tap the item and then tap UPDATE.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again if it is closed, then tap RESTART.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
Software updates are released at different times depending on the carrier, market, region, or country. Therefore, we can't give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.