It is not possible to operate the camera using a remote control connected via Bluetooth
Perform the following steps to confirm.
Step 1 Check if the camera supports Bluetooth remote control.
Cameras with Bluetooth remote control support are listed below. If the camera is not listed, it can't be used with Bluetooth remote control.
- RMT-P1BT: https://www.sony.net/dics/p1bt/
- GP-VPT2BT: https://www.sony.net/dics/vpt2bt/
Step 2 Check if the camera settings have been configured.
Below is an outline of a remote control and a Shooting Grip via Bluetooth.
Note: See the section Details of the procedure for using a remote control or Shooting Grip via a Bluetooth connection.
- From the Network menu, set the Bluetooth function to On and perform pairing (first-time connecting only).
- From the Network menu, set the Bluetooth remote control to On and use the remote control. When finished using the remote control, set Bluetooth remote control to OFF.
Step 3 If remote control operation is not possible even though pairing has been done (red lamp on remote control flashing rapidly, etc.), check the following.
- From the Network menu, set the Bluetooth function to On.
- From the Network menu, set Bluetooth remote control to On.
Note: On some cameras, Bluetooth Rmt Ctr appears under Transfer/Remote on the Network menu.
- If the remote control was used with a different camera, it must be paired again to use it with the original camera.
Details of the procedure for using a remote control or Shooting Grip via a Bluetooth connection
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → Bluetooth Settings or Bluetooth → Bluetooth Function → On.
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → Bluetooth Settings or Bluetooth → Pairing.
Perform pairing from the device to be connected. is displayed. The camera can be operated using the Bluetooth remote control or Shooting Grip.
- Press and hold down the following buttons on the Shooting Grip or Bluetooth remote control for 7 seconds.
The following description uses the GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip and RMT-P1BT Bluetooth Remote Commander as examples.
- GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip
Press and firmly hold down the PHOTO button (A) and the Zoom button on the T side (B) for at least 7 seconds.
- RMT-P1BT Bluetooth Remote Commander
Press and firmly hold down the Shutter-release/REC button (D) and either of the Focus/Zoom buttons (C) on the remote control for at least 7 seconds.
- GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip
- After holding down the buttons for 7 seconds, the red lamp on the remote control or Shooting Grip flashes slowly and Allow pairing with the device? is displayed on the camera.
Select OK within 10 seconds after the above message appears.
Note: After 10 seconds, the message Perform pairing from the device to be connected. reappears, so it is necessary to repeat the procedure from step 2.
- Paired. is displayed on the camera when pairing is complete.
Note: Just performing pairing doesn't make it possible to operate the camera using the remote control. Refer to the remote control operation item.
Remote control operation
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → (Transfer/Remote →) Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl → On.
- Operation using the remote control is now enabled.
- After shooting using the remote control is finished, select MENU → (Network) → Transfer/Remote → Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl → Off on the camera.