IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
All Xperia® smartphones have features to regulate their temperature when it continues to rise to help you stay safe. The following conditions may affect the temperature of your device to rise:
- Using under high temperatures or direct sunlight (using in an environment outside the range of 5°C to 35°C / 41°F to 95°F).
- Simultaneously running multiple apps, communication, and GPS, and using apps such as CPU-intensive games for an extended period.
- Charging at high temperatures or using defective or low-quality cables.
- Initial setup after purchase.
- Software update.
If you see any warning messages that show your device's temperature continues to rise, we recommend that you take the following actions:
- Unplug the charger and close the running apps until the device cools down.
- Turn off GPS and Bluetooth® when not in use.
- Reduce the brightness of your device's screen.
- Update your device's software and apps to the latest software version.
- Use the FHD 1080p setting for video recording.
- Check battery usage: If you have an app that consumes a lot of battery power even though you use it infrequently, update the app to the latest version or uninstall it.
Find and tap Settings → Battery → Battery usage.