Enable the BD-Live™ Function of the BD/DVD Home Theatre System
To enable the BD-Live function of your BD/DVD Home Theatre system it is necessary to update the firmware to version 006 or higher.
- BD-Live allows you to enjoy additional content and services while playing a BD-Live capable disc.
- For optimal performance, we recommend that you use a Broadband Internet connection to access BD-Live content and services.
- BD-Live content and services require external USB flash memory (sold separately) for local storage.
Check the Current Firmware Version
- Power on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the BD/DVD Home Theatre system is connected.
- Power on the BD/DVD Home Theatre system.
- If the system starts to play a disc, press the STOP button and wait until the Sony® Blu-ray Disc™ screen is displayed on the television before proceeding to the next step.
- At the xross media bar™ (XMB™ menu), use the arrow buttons on the remote control to select Setup - System Settings, and then press the ENTER button.
- Use the arrow buttons to select System Information, and then press the ENTER button.
- The firmware version currently installed on the BD/DVD Home Theatre system will be listed on the television screen.
How to Get the Firmware Update
There are two ways to obtain the Blu-ray Disc player firmware update:
- The Network Update operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use the Network Update method.
- You will need to connect the BD/DVD Home Theatre system to your Internet source using an Ethernet cable.
- Please see the firmware update page, for more information.
Create an Update Disc:
- If you cannot connect the BD/DVD Home Theatre system to your Internet source, please use the disc update method.
- Please visit the firmware update page, for more information.
- A drive with CD disc burning capability, and a new blank CD-R disc are required to create the update disc.