The PS4 console does not appear as a connectable device on the Xperia device
If your PS4™ is not showing as an available device when you try to connect your Xperia™ device with it using the PS4 Remote Play app, there are several things you can check:
- Make sure that PS4™ console is turned on.
- Make sure that both the Xperia™ device and the PS4™ are connected to the Internet using the same Wi-Fi® network.
- Make sure that both the Xperia™ device and the PS4™ are signed in to the PlayStation® Network (PSN) using the same PSN ID. If you are unable to sign in to the PSN, check the PSN maintenance information.
- Make sure that pairing between the PS4™ and the Xperia™ device has been completed.
- Set the Wi-Fi® access point mode to Router mode. For detailed instructions, refer to the user guide for the access point.
- In the Wi-Fi® access point settings, such as IP isolate or Privacy separator, allow connections to be established between the two devices if the current setting prohibit a connection. For detailed instructions, refer to the user guide for the access point.
To check the Internet connection status on the PS4™ console
- Select PS4 Settings > Network > View Connection Status.
To check the Internet connection status on the Xperia™ device
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi® network that you are currently connected to. Detailed network information is displayed.