An Android™ 6.0 software update is available for Xperia™ M4 Aqua and Xperia M4 Aqua Dual.
- Software build number for Xperia M4 Aqua: 26.3.A.0.131
- Software build number for Xperia M4 Aqua Dual: 26.3.B.0.131
This system software update features:
- Android™ version 6.0.
- Enhanced privacy settings: manage and control your application data permissions.
- All-new camera interface: switch between modes and customize settings with simple gestures.
- Xperia Messaging: express yourself and get creative with easy in-app access to Stickers.
- Direct Share: share activities with friends, recent contacts and app lists.
Updating your device
To check your device's current software version, find and tap Settings → About phone → Build number.
You have to download and install this system software update using a computer running the Xperia Companion computer software. Before you update your Xperia device, back up your content to a computer using Xperia Companion.
To perform a software update using a computer
- Make sure you know the credentials (username and password) for the Google™ account that you use on your Xperia device.
- Make sure your Xperia device battery is charged to at least 80%.
- Computer: If it is not already installed, download and install the Xperia Companion application.
- On a Windows® computer, download the application from http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/.
- On an Apple® Mac® computer, download the application from http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion-mac/.
- Open the Xperia Companion application.
- Connect your Xperia device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Xperia device: If prompted, unlock your device.
- Computer: After a few moments, the Xperia Companion application detects your device and searches for new software for it. If a new software update is detected, a popup window appears on the computer. Click Later.
- On the Xperia Companion home screen under Manage your Xperia, click Backup. Follow the on-screen instructions to back up your content.
- When you have finished the backup, click Software update on the Xperia Companion home screen.
- In the popup window, click Update.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
The only way to find out if there is an available Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update for your Xperia M4 Aqua or Xperia M4 Aqua Dual is to connect your device to a computer running the Xperia Companion application.
There will be no notification in your Xperia device announcing the Android 6.0 update. Nor will there be an indication in the Software update app under Settings → About phone → Software update that an Android 6.0 update is available.
Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.
I can't start my device after the update
If you can't start your Xperia device after you've updated it, try to follow the steps in this article.