You might experience that the status bar on the Home screen of your device disappears. This is caused by a Google™ bug, and may happen if your device fulfils the following:
- Software version Android™ 7.0 Nougat.
- Google Now™ is enabled. This is enabled by default in Xperia™ X Compact and Xperia™ XZ.
- Google™ app version v188.8.131.52 or later.
You can work around this bug by disabling Google Now™.
To disable Google Now™
- Long press on an empty area of your application Home screen, then click Settings.
- Find Google Now™ and disable it.
- Reboot your device.