What are the system requirements to playback or edit an HDR video recorded with Cinema Pro or camera app?
I want to edit a 4K or Full HD HDR video on a computer, what are the system requirements? / Which file formats and codecs need to be supported in order to playback or edit HDR videos recorded with Cinema Pro or camera app? / Which applications can be used to edit HDR videos recorded with Cinema Pro or camera app?
- Videos recorded with Cinema Pro
- 4K or Full HD HDR videos recorded with the camera appNote: From Xperia® 1 III and later models, the Camera app function has been merged to Photography Pro basic mode.
- H.265, (also known as HEVC, High Efficiency Video Coding)
- 10 bit
The display must support:
- HDR, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) format
The above requirements are also valid for editing. In addition, the editing application must support the following video standard:
- Rec.2020, (also known as BT.2020) or Rec.2100, (also known as BT.2100)
There are third-party apps which can be used for editing. Make sure to always use the latest app version.