IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You may experience that the fingerprint sensor on your Xperia® 1 doesn't respond satisfactorily. In this case,register your fingerprint again. Then, touch the sensor with your finger at the same area where you unlock the screen, and be sure to use the same grip you usually would. You shouldn't move your finger widely, regardless of the animation UI on the screen.
Tip: For Xperia 1 users, in the software version 55.2.A.4.47, there were implemented some improvements for the fingerprint sensor recognition. Update the software in your Xperia 1 to version 55.2.A.4.47 or higher, and then re-register your fingerprints.
To register your fingerprint again.
- Clean the fingerprint sensor gently with a clean and dry cloth.
- Tap Settings → Security → Fingerprint Manager.
- Re-enter your PIN or password.
- Delete all registered fingerprints.
- Tap Add fingerprint and register your fingerprint.
You can register up to five fingerprints. If the issue still occurs, try to add the same finger to Finger 2, 3, 4, or 5, but tap in a slightly different location on the sensor.
- Tap Add fingerprint, register the same finger to Finger 2, 3, 4, or 5.
- Shift the location of your finger taps slightly from the registered position in the middle of the sensor to the tap pattern near the right side:
Note: You can also try rotating your finger 90°, then register it.
If the fingerprint sensor doesn't work correctly, run a quick test to check the functionality.
- To use Tests
- Find and tap Settings → Support.
- Tap the icon.
- Select a Fingerprint sensor test from the list and follow the on-screen instructions.