IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you are unable to hear any sound through the 2ND ZONE speakers, follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed for any of these steps, refer to the instructions that came supplied with the A/V receiver. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Check that the speakers and components are connected securely.
- Verify that the MUTING function has not been turned on.
- Make sure that 2ND ZONE has been selected in the Surround Sound settings of the menu list by doing the following:
- Turn on the A/V receiver and the TV.
- Using the remote control, press the ON SCREEN button.
- Press the MAIN MENU button repeatedly until SPEAKER SET UP is displayed.
- Press the Control key to select the SPEAKER SET UP menu.
- Press the UP or DOWN arrow of the Control key to select SURR BACK SP (Surround back speakers).
- Press the LEFT or RIGHT arrow of the Control key to select 2ND ZONE.
- Press the ON SCREEN button once more to exit the menu display.
- The initial factory default setting for the Surround back speakers is DUAL.
- Each time you use the surround back speakers in the 2ND ZONE, make sure that the SPEAKER SET UP parameter is set to 2ND ZONE.
- When you select 2ND ZONE, the input to the SURR BACK jacks of the MULTI CHANNEL INPUT is invalid.