No Sound Is Heard from the Inputs on My AV Receiver
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Check if sound is heard or if low sound level improves after completing each step.
- Make sure to turn on your receiver and all input devices.
- Connect the cables securely to the proper input and output terminals of your receiver, speakers, and input devices.
- Make sure the input devices are playing audio.
- Make sure the VOLUME or MASTER VOLUME knob of your AV Receiver is not set to VOL MIN.
- Press the input button on the remote, or rotate the INPUT SELECTOR knob on your receiver, to select the input device you want to hear.
- Make sure headphones aren't connected to your receiver or input device.
- Press the SPEAKERS button on your receiver and select a setting other than OFF SPEAKERS.
- Press the button on the remote control to deactivate the mute function. Make sure MUTING isn't on the receiver display.