IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The following are the possible causes for sound not to output when a cable box is connected to an AV receiver and to the TV using an HDMI® cable.
- If the settings of the cable box is not set correctly.
- If the cable used to connected the TV and the cable box is not connected properly.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue.
- Connect the HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT of the cable box to the HDMI SAT/CATV input of the AV receiver.
NOTE: In this case, the HDMI SAT/CATV input used is just an example of an input labeled on the AV receiver, but you can use any of the HDMI inputs on the AV receiver.
- Connect another HDMI cable from the TV OUT of the AV receiver to the HDMI IN of the TV.
- Change the function of the AV receiver to SAT/CATV.
NOTE: Set the corresponding input of the AV receiver being used. In this case, press the SAT/CATV button on the remote control of the AV receiver.
- Set the INPUT of your TV to the corresponding HDMI IN used.
- Set the HDMI audio output of the AV receiver.
NOTE: Follow these steps to set the audio output of the AV receiver. For details on how to change the settings, check the operations guide that came with the product.
- Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control of the AV receiver.
- In the menu of the AV receiver, select Set up.
- Under the Set up, select HDMI Settings.
- In the HDMI settings, select Audio Out.
- Under Audio Out, select AMP.
NOTE: If you set the Audio Out to TV+AMP, audio will be heard from the speakers of the AV receiver and the TV.
- Set the Speaker settings of the TV. Follow these steps to change TV Speakers.
- Press HOME button using the supplied remote control of the TV.
- In the menu of the TV, select Settings.
- Under Settings, select Audio Settings.
- In the Audio Settings, select TV Speakers.
- Under the TV Speakers, select Audio System.
- If still sound is not heard after adjusting all these settings, set the Input Mode of the AV receiver to Auto.
- For other audio related issues, use the information listed below: