This issue occurs if the disc is damaged or if you insert the disc into the Blu-ray Disc™ player incorrectly.
Before you start
- If TLK ON or LOCKED appears on the front panel of the disc player, unlock the device to resolve the issue.
- The disc tray won't open if an internet streaming service (such as a Netflix® video) is playing. To open the disc tray, exit the app or go to the HOME screen.
Follow these instructions to open the disc tray and remove the disc.
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the power cord or AC adapter.
- Leave the device unplugged for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE button on the front panel of the disc player, and plug the power cord back in.
- This step may require the assistance of a second person.
- Check the product manual for the exact location of the button. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- After the tray opens, release the OPEN/CLOSE button.
- Remove the disc.
- After you remove the disc, unplug the power cord or AC adapter and then plug it back in to recover the player.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.