IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the disc is damaged or was inserted incorrectly it may cause the tray of the Blu-ray Disc™ player to malfunction. Try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Allow your device to remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE or EJECT button on the front panel of the disc player, then press the PLAY, EJECT, and STOP buttons on the remote control simultaneously.
- For some Blu-ray Disc Home Theater models, it's necessary to press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE and PLAY buttons simultaneously, then plug the power cord back in.
- You may need assistance from a second person to perform the steps above.
- After the tray opens, remove the disc.
If the issue still occurs, the device may need repair. Go to Product Repair.
- For 2016 Blu-ray players, if TLK ON or LOCKED appears on the front panel of the disc player, unlock the device to resolve the issue.
- For internet capable players, you can't open the disc tray when playing a video app since it can only play one function at a time. To open the disc tray, exit the app or go to the HOME screen.