Before you start
- Not all Blu-ray Disc™ players or home theater systems have a built-in wireless LAN.
Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure your wireless router has an active internet connection. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for more information.
Set up a wireless connection
Watch the Blu-ray Disc player video tutorial or follow the instructions provided to connect a Blu-ray Disc or network media player to your wireless network. The video tutorial and the steps provided below may vary and appear different for your model. If model-specific information is required to complete each step, check your manuals .
- Make sure your Blu-ray Disc player is connected to your TV.
- Turn on your TV and make sure to select the input that's connected to your Blu-ray Disc player.
- Turn on your Blu-ray Disc player.
- Using the supplied Blu-ray Disc player remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Internet Settings.
- Select Wireless or Wireless Setup.
- Select a method to set up your wireless network connection. Your menu options may slightly vary.
- Select Scan or Access point scan if your router does not support Wi-Fi® Protected Setup (WPS) or if you prefer not to use the WPS method.
- Select Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) or Automatic Registration (WPS) if you prefer to use the WPS method and it's supported by your router.
- Select Manual registration if you prefer to add all of the settings manually.
- Press the ENTER button to allow the player to search for available networks.
- This process may take a few minutes depending on signal strength and the number of wireless networks available.
- Select your wireless network.
- If you have a password on your network, follow the on-screen instructions to enter the security key using the displayed keypad.
- Select how to set up the IP address and proxy server settings of the device.
- Select Auto or Auto Acquisition (recommended for easy setup)
- Select Custom or Manual if you're familiar with setting up a network and prefer to manually enter your information.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to continue, save your settings, and to finish the setup process.