How to install the PlayMemories Home software
Follow the steps below to download and install the PlayMemories Home™ software to your computer:
- Your computer must have one of the operating systems listed below preloaded when shipped from the factory. We cannot guarantee correct operation on computers that are upgraded to an operating system& and those with multi-boot environments.
- Windows® 11
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1
- Apple® Mac® OS® X 10.9-10.11 / Apple® macOS® 10.12–10.13
- Refer to this website for information on the system requirements.
- When performing the installation, make sure you are connected to the Internet from the start of installation until the end.
- If PlayMemories Home is already installed, when you exit the software you may see the message "Ready to begin updating PlayMemories Home to a new version. Do you want to update?".
- If you select "Update Now", it will automatically update to the latest version of PlayMemories Home and re-build the image folders used by PlayMemories Home.
- Because rebuilding the folders can take a long time if you have saved a large number of images it is recommended that you click No for the time being, and then perform the update after temporarily removing the folders registered to PlayMemories Home.
- If you are installing PlayMemories Home for the first time, follow these steps.
Go to the PlayMemories Home main page.
How to download (for Windows® OS)
- Navigate the page and click on the Install PlayMemories Home button.
- Click Save to download the file.
NOTE: Choose a convenient destination to save the file, such as your Desktop or the Downloads folder.
How to download (for Mac OS)
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Install Mac version here.
- Navigate this page and click on the Install PlayMemories Home button.
- Click Save to download the file.
- It is recommended to download and save the file prior to installing it. This is to avoid installation errors due to an unstable Internet connection.
- By default, you are downloading the Windows OS version of the software.
- To install, double-click on the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the PlayMemories Home Installer screen appears, select Next.
- When the Kind of install screen appears, select Next.
- When the Installation Settings screen appears, select Install to begin the installation.
- When the Installation progress screen appears. Wait until the screen changes. At that time, do not turn off the computer, disconnect it from the Internet, or put it to sleep.
- If you are installing it for the first time, the PlayMemories Home Initial Settings screen will appear. Select Use the standard settings or Use custom settings, and then select Next.
- When using standard settings, the images stored in the computer's pictures folder will be displayed.
- When using custom settings, images stored outside the computer's pictures folder can be displayed in PlayMemories Home. Select this if you do not want to display the Pictures folder, or if you want to individually specify the folders where images are saved, for example on an external hard disk.
NOTE: It is possible to change which folders will display in PlayMemories Home after the installation is complete.
- When the message Next, configure PlayMemories Online settings will appear, select Skip PlayMemories Online set-up (you may set-up later), and then select Next.
- After a few moments, PlayMemories Home will start. When Confirmation of such update appears, select OK. This completes the installation.
- PlayMemories Home downloads related files while the installation is being performed. Be sure to stay connected to the Internet until the installation has finished. If the Internet environment is unstable and disconnects, the installation will be interrupted. If you are unable to install while connected to the Internet, or if the connection is unstable, follow the link below to download the full module installer which does not require a network or Internet connection to install PlayMemories Home.
- If you have any issues while installing the PlayMemories Home software, check this information: