Questions & Answers: 338
- How to transfer pictures and videos to a smartphone using the Imaging Edge Mobile (formerly PlayMemories Mobile) appThe Imaging Edge Mobile (formerly PlayMemories Mobile™) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your smartphone to download and install it. Before you start The
- Computer doesn't recognize the USB connection from a cameraIf you connect your camera to a computer using a USB cable, the USB MODE or Mass Storage connection message should appear on the camera screen. Follow the steps below if the computer doesn't recognize your camera
- How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharingYou can connect your camera to a NFC™ enabled mobile device (smartphone or tablet) and transfer images and movies from the camera directly with just one touch. Before you start The NFC function on the mobile device
- The camera does not wirelessly import to a Mac OS X (10.7 - 10.9) computer.Make sure to download and install the Wireless Auto Import software on the computer. The latest software version is supported on the Mac OS® X 10.9, 10.8, and 10.9 operating systems. IMPORTANT: The Wireless Auto
- When can the camera use the NFC function?The NFC™ function can be used any time when the NFC icon () is displayed on the camera LCD screen. NOTE: Unlock the screen of the mobile device before touching it on the camera.
- Import photos and videos to a Windows Computer using PlayMemories HomeFollow these steps to import images from a Handycam® camcorder, Cyber-shot® camera, or α (Alpha) camera using PlayMemories Home™ software: Download and install the PlayMemories Home software on your computer. Insert
- Can't make a Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the mobile deviceCheck the following steps. You need the dedicated application Imaging Edge Mobile app (PlayMemories Mobile™ app successor) to connect your camera and mobile device through Wi-Fi® connection. On your mobile device
- Imaging Edge Mobile list of supported camerasFor a list of Imaging Edge Mobile supported cameras, refer to the Imaging Edge Mobile List of Supported Cameras page.
- The NFC function isn't working with the mobile device or can't connect with the Imaging Edge Mobile appThe information below may differ depending on the type of mobile device. Refer to the mobile device manual if model-specific information is necessary to perform any step. Check the Near Field Communication (NFC™)
- Use PlayMemories Home to transfer videos and pictures to a Macintosh computerBefore you start Install the latest version of the PlayMemories Home™ software. PlayMemories Home software is supported on computers running Apple® Mac® OS X® v10.10 - 10.11 or macOS® 10.12 - 10.13. Visit the PlayMemories