The USB streaming feature is available on select cameras and offers enhanced live stream video and audio capabilities. Check your operation to verify compatibility. If USB streaming is not available on your camera, consider using the USB port with Imaging Edge Webcam software or an HDMI connection.
Before you start
- You will need the supplied USB cable or a compatible equivalent.
- If the camera's power is turned on while the USB cable is connected, then USB streaming will not activate. Disconnect the USB cable, activate USB streaming, and then reconnect the cable.
- Adjust movie recording settings (focus, exposure, etc.) before activating USB streaming as they apply to the live-streamed video.
- During USB streaming, power is supplied to the camera from the computer. To save computer power, set the USB Power Supply to Off on the camera.
Setup USB live streaming
- Set the camera to a movie recording mode and set the desired exposure, focus, etc.
- Activate USB Streaming on the camera:
- Review the Livestreaming video and audio (USB Streaming) section of the Help Guide for your camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer or other device with the USB cable or compatible equivalent.
- Start streaming from your live streaming or web-conferencing service and adjust video and audio settings as needed.
- Depending on your camera, do one of the following to exit USB streaming:
- Press the MODE button.
- Press the center of the control wheel.
- Turn off the power to the camera.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
The camera will return to movie mode.