This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
- Enables the possibility to operate the real-time EYE AF by half-pressing the shutter button
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
- It is not possible to detect simultaneously human and animal eyes.
- Eye detection may not be possible depending on the environment, animal type or the movement of the animal.
- Refer to the Support site for additional details.
Please refer to the Help Guide for updated function usage.
- DSC-RX10M4 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver.2.00 (Mac)
- 282.4 MB (282,373,673 bytes)
Before You Start
Check the system software version
Follow the instructions below to check the system software version. If the system software version is Ver.2.00, the update is not required.
- Select Menu > Setup subpage  > Version on the camera.
- The system software version is displayed.
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following Macintosh versions:
- Apple® macOS® 10.13 – 10.15
For macOS 11 – 12, please ensure the "System Software Update Helper" has been installed before update your software.
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following hardware:
- CPU: Intel processor (Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- Hard drive space: 600 MB or more
- RAM: 512 MB or more
- Power source for the device:
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).
NOTE: The update can only be performed when the battery power level is (three bars) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- USB cable supplied with the device
NOTE: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
Download & Install
- Use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).
- Do not remove the battery during the update; as the sudden loss of power may render the camera inoperable.
- Remove the memory card from the camera before starting the update process.
- Prevent your computer from entering Sleep mode.
- Do not connect the camera to other any other devices except your computer.
- Do not connect the camera and computer yet.
How to download the Updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- After reading the disclaimer, click Download.
- The file [Update_DSCRX10M4V200.dmg] file will start downloading.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
Step 1: Start the Updater
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [Update_DSCRX10M4V200.dmg] file you downloaded. Do not connect the camera at this point.
NOTE: If you have connected the camera to a computer, remove it before following the procedure.
- [Update_DSCRX10M4V200] is expanded.
- Double-click the [UpdateSetting Tool] icon.
- To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account.
- Once the message from the system displays, the security and privacy screen will be displayed.
- If the following message is displayed before "Security and Privacy" is displayed, press the [OK] button.
- Open the "General" tab on the "Security and Privacy" screen and allow reading of the "Sony Corporation" system software.
NOTE: If you have approved this in the past, the security and privacy screen will not be displayed.
- If you are asked to restart macOS after clicking the [Allow] button, please restart and return to the beginning of the update procedure.
- If the "Security and Privacy" screens does not disappear, please close the window.
- If both the message displayed and the "Security and Privacy" screen do not disappear, close both using the [OK] button.
- Connect the camera to the computer
- A dialogue box for the USB connection will be displayed.
- Connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable (supplied). "USB Mode" will appear on the LCD monitor of the camera.
NOTE: If the USB cable was connected before the dialog prompting for USB connection appears, disconnect the USB cable and execute again from "Step 1. Start the Updater"
- Click [OK]. If the message is displayed, close using the [OK] button.
NOTE: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- A dialogue box for the USB connection will be displayed.
- The System Software Updater starts.
- Turn on the camera.
- Following the instructions in the System Software Updater window, on the camera, select Menu > Setup subpage  > USB Connection and check if Mass Storage is selected. If a mode other than Mass Storage is selected, please select Mass Storage.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable. "USB Mode" appears on the LCD screen of the camera.
NOTE: If the computer cannot find the device, the message "Could not find the camera for this update" is displayed on the computer screen. Please try the following:
- Disconnect the USB cable and connect it again.
- If the computer has multiple USB terminals, try with the other terminals.
- Click [Next]. The current version number and updated version number appear on the lower left side of the screen. After confirming that the current software version is "Ver.1.00 or earlier", click Next. If the current system software version is 2.00 or later, the update is not required. In this case, disconnect the camera from the computer and click Finish. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn the camera back on.
Update is required
Update is not required
- The camera is automatically reset.The screen below is displayed.
NOTE: The Loading icon may not be displayed depending on the OS version that you are using.
- Start the update
After automatically resetting, the following screen is shown and the update starts. The progress bar appears during the update process (approximately 10 minutes).
NOTE: Never turn off the camera or disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- Complete the update
When the update is complete, the camera will automatically restart. Make sure that the camera is turned on and wait until the LCD screen appears again. Click Finish when the LCD screen appears and disconnect the USB cable.
NOTE: After restarting, a data recovery warning is sometimes displayed. This is normal. Please wait until this warning disappears.
Step 2: Confirm the system software version of your device is Ver.2.00.
- On the camera, select Menu > Setup subpage  > Version
- The system software version is displayed as illustrated below.
Questions & Answers
The update does not complete
When the monitor remains black for more than 15 minutes, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Remove the battery and AC adapter from the camera, leave it for a few minutes, then insert the battery again or connect the AC adapter.
- Restart the computer.
- Turn on the camera and perform the installation process again.