IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis file installs the Artisan™ Color Reference System Version 1.2.5 software for computers running the French versions of the Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Microsoft® Windows® XP operating systems.
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® XP
- 17.19 MB
Before You Start
- If installing Artisan™ Color Reference System for the first time, you must do the following BEFORE starting the installation:
- Remove the Artisan Sensor if it is plugged in.
- Remove the USB pigtail of the Artisan Signal cable if it is plugged in.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the WINARTISAN1_2_5FRANCAISINSTALL.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the WINARTISAN1_2_5FRANCAISINSTALL.EXE file to begin the file installation.
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor - WINARTISAN1_2_5FRANCAISINSTALL.EXE" box, click OK to extract the files to the default (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\) directory. This process will place a folder icon on the Windows desktop named "Artisan 1.2.5 Installer."
NOTE: If you prefer to install the files into a different directory, click the Browse button, select a directory where the files will be unzipped and then click the Unzip button (please note this directory for reference).
- At the "1 file(s) unzipped successfully" box, click OK and then click Close.
- At the Windows Desktop, double-click the "Artisan 1.2.5 Installer" folder.
NOTE: If you installed the files into a directory other than the default in Step 5, please navigate to this directory and then double-click the "Artisan 1.2.5 Installer" folder.
- Double-click the setup-français1_2_5.exe file.
- At the "Artisan Color Reference System Version 1.2.5" box, click Suivant.
- At the "Bienvenue dans l'Installshield Wizard pour Artisan" box, click Suivant.
- At the "Contrat de license" box, read the license agreement, select "J'accepte les termes de ce contrat de licence" and click Suivant to continue.
- At the "Informations client" box, enter your "Nom utilsateur" and "Organisation" and click Suivant to continue.
- At the "Dossier cible" box, click Suivant. This will install the Artisan software to the C:\Program Files\Sony\Artisan directory.
- At the "L'installation du programme peut commencer" box, click Installer. Please wait while the program is installed. This may take several minutes.
- At the "Installshield Wizard de Artisan terminÉ" box, click Terminer.
When Installing Artisan for the First Time
If you are installing the Artisan software for the first time, please do the following:
- Insert the Artisan Signal Cable into an available USB port. The Windows operating system will recognize that new hardware has been installed.
- Carefully follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver.
NOTE: If prompted for the location of the Artisan drivers, use the Browse function to navigate to the "Artisan 1.2.5 Installer\drivers\" folder located in the directory selected in Step 5. Select the "sonyecbl.inf" file. Repeat these steps for the Artisan Sensor, but this time select the "sonycal.inf" file.
NOTE: If the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard does not start automatically, please do the following:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Click the System icon.
NOTE: :Depending on your configuration, you may need to first select "Performance and Maintenance."
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click the Device manager button.
- Click the X next to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" to expand it.
- Right-click on the "Artisan Signal Cable" listing and select "Properties."
- Check the Device Status. If it is listed as anything other than "working properly," click the Driver tab and then click the Update Driver... button. This will start the Upgrade Device Wizard.
- Follow the prompts carefully.
- Repeat this process for the "Artisan Sensor" listing.
NOTE: Once the installation is complete, please refer to the Artisan™ Color Reference System documentation in the "C:\Program Files\Sony\Artisan\Documentation" folder for further information.