IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs S-AIR Cast software version 1.5.0 to add support for certain versions of Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system (see below for a complete list), and for 64-bit versions of Windows Vista® operating system.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 48.99 MB
Before You Start
- If S-AIR Cast software is installed on the computer, please uninstall the previous version before installing version 1.5.0:
- On the windows task tray, right-click the S-AIR Cast icon and then click "Exit".
- Use Windows Control Panel to uninstall the S-AIR Cast software.
- After the uninstall process is complete, restart the computer.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Computer System Requirements
- One of the following Microsoft® Windows® operating systems:
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows Vista® Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows XP Home Edition (with Service Pack 2 or 3)
- Windows XP Professional (with Service Pack 2 or 3)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (with Service Pack 2 or 3)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (with Service Pack 2 or 3)
- Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, and Windows 7 Enterprise operating systems are not supported
- 64 Bit versions of Windows XP operating system are not supported
- CPU: Pentium® 1 GHz or higher, Celeron® 1 GHz or higher, or better CPU
Note: 2 GHz or higher CPU is recommended
- Memory (RAM):
- For Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems: 512 MB or more
- For Windows 7 32-bit operating systems: 1 GB or more
- For Windows 7 64-bit operating systems: 2 GB or more
- Hard Disk Drive: 201 MB or more available space
- Display: High Color (16 bit) or higher, 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- USB Port: Available USB 1.1 or 2.0 port (to connect the AIR-PC10T Wireless Audio Transmitter to the computer)
- Sound Card
- Software: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the Sony_SAIRCAST.zip file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and verify that the size of the Sony_SAIRCAST.zip file is 51,370,748 bytes.
- Right-click the Sony_SAIRCAST.zip file, and click "Properties".
- On the "Sony_SAIRCAST.zip Properties" screen, verify that the "Size:" listed is "48.9 MB (51,370,748 bytes)".
Note: The "Size on disk:" listed may be different. That is normal.
- If the file size is different than the "51,370,748 bytes", please download the Sony_SAIRCAST.zip file again.
- Right-click the Sony_SAIRCAST.zip file, click "Extract All", and then click the "Extract" button.
Note: If you have file archiving software installed on your computer the options displayed may be different. Extract the installation files to a folder and continue with the next step.
- Go to the "Sony_SAIRCAST" folder that was just created and double-click the "Setup.exe" file to begin the installation.
- Please follow the on-screen prompts carefully to complete the installation.
- After the installation process is complete, restart the computer.
Confirm Installation (optional)
- On the windows task tray, right-click the S-AIR Cast icon and click "About S-AIR Cast".
- Confirm that the version listed is 1.5.0.
- If the version is not 1.5.0, uninstall the S-AIR Cast software then follow the steps above to download and install the software again.