IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the BDP-S1 firmware to version 6.10 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version 5.80:
- Improves BD-Java compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version 6.10:
- Compatibility with BD-R/RE discs burned by the Click to Disc™ and Click to Disc™ Editor software included with some VAIO® computers.
- Adds Dolby® TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus Audio decoding functionality.
- Enhanced playback compatibility with certain BD-ROM format discs..
- Enhanced customer support capability.
- Compatibility with the BD-R/RE format (BDMV).
- Corrects the output signal status information for audio output and display when Linear PCM 5.1 channel soundtracks are played via HDMI.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 49.82 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
WARNING!! Do not power off the player or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Doing so may damage the player to the point of requiring repair.
WARNING!! Do not press any buttons, except as instructed, until the update is complete. Doing so may damage the player to the point of requiring repair.
Note: The firmware update process takes a minimum of 30 minutes.
Questions & Answers
If the update disc does not eject even though "DL OK" is displayed, please follow the steps below.