IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThe XQD Device Driver (version 1.1.0.03141) is now available and provides support for Thunderbolt™ technology.
Note: This XQD Device Driver is required to install on your computer for use with an XQD memory card through an XQD ExpressCard Adapter.
- Mac OS® X
- 1.60 MB
Before You Start
- Before beginning the procedure below, ensure that the XQD memory card is disconnected from the computer.
- This utility requires one of the following Mac OS® X operating systems:
- Mac OS X 10.8
Note: This utility is incompatible with the Gatekeeper function of Mac OS X 10.8. In order to download and install this utility, you will need to temporarily change the Gatekeeper settings.
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Mac OS X 10.6
Note: Mac OS X 10.6.8 is not recommended. A restart message appears when inserting an XQD memory card on a computer upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6.8. If you have already updated your OS and are unable to switch back to the previous version (such as 10.6.7), please use your XQD memory card with the XQD memory card reader model MRW-E80 (sold separately).
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Mac OS X 10.8
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the XQD_Drv_Installer_mac.zip file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the XQD_Drv_Installer_mac.zip file to begin the installation.
- Follow the the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, if prompted, click the "Restart" button.
- After the computer restarts, insert a XQD memory card into the ExpressCard slot on your computer. The XQD memory card will be recognized as a removable drive.