WAIT - Read the Required Files section before downloading this file.
This update is required if you have performed a clean install of the Windows 8.1 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media).
Please install this utility AFTER installing the VAIO Control Center software. This update is required if you have performed a clean install of the Windows 8.1 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media).
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs the originally shipped version of the VAIO® Control Center software.
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 27.8 Mb
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: Before installing the VAIO Control Center software, please note the following:
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows® 8.1 operating system, please ensure that all original device drivers from the Sony® support site have been installed on the computer.
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows 8.1 operating system, install the Sony Shared Library.
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows 8.1 operating system, please install the VAIO Control Center software AFTER installing the VAIO Control Center.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000552143.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000552143.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- The driver will automatically install.
- Please wait for the installation to complete.
- Restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the VAIO Control Center software is complete.