This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the BIOS to version R1150VA and provides the following benefits:
- Optimizes keyboard performance
- Reduces fan noise
- Corrects an issue where the Windows® button on the computer display may not work
- Corrects an issue where the computer may not power on after pressing the power button
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 5.73 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all.
- If the Microsoft® BitLocker™ security feature is being used, please turn it off before installing this update. The BitLocker feature may be turned on after this update is complete.
- During the installation of this update:
- Do not turn the computer off.
- Do not allow the computer to enter Standby or Hibernation states.
- Do not start other programs.
- Do not connect any peripherals.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- WARNING: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all
- Download the EP0000601234.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000601234.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the Microsoft® BitLocker™ security screen, read and follow the on-screen instructions, and then click OK.
- At the User Account Control screen, click Yes.
- At the VAIO® Firmware Update Tool screen, verify that the version to be installed is R1150VA, then click Update.
- At the The system will restart. Are you sure you want to update the VAIO firmware? dialog, click OK. Note: The computer will automatically shutdown when the BIOS update is complete.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 60 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.
Verify the Installation
Please follow the steps below to verify that the installation was successful
- Launch the VAIO Care application.
- At the VAIO Care screen, double-click About Your VAIO.
- Double-click System Information.
- BIOS Version R1150VA will be displayed.