IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the Sony® Digital Paper™ firmware and provides stability improvements.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 137.06 MB
Before You Start
Digital Paper System Software Update Procedure
There are two options for performing the update:
- WARNING: The Sony Digital Paper must be fully charged before installing this update. Failure to fully charge the Digital Paper before installing the firmware update may cause the Digital Paper to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- The software update process takes about 10 minutes.
- If there is an SD card in the DPT-S1, remove the SD card before updating the software.
Download & Install
- Make sure the Digital Paper has an active connection to a Wi-Fi network.
- The following icon may appear in the top left corner of the display. This icon indicates that a new System Software is available to install.
- You can either press the icon and select Software Update, or go to the System Management screen (Home > Settings > System Management) and select Check for Updates.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: This update requires a computer with one of the following Microsoft® Windows® operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista®.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the DPT-S1_Updater_126.96.36.199270.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Please check that the file downloaded correctly without any damage.
- Browse to the folder where you downloaded the file.
- Right-click DPT-S1_Updater_188.8.131.52270.exe, and then click Properties in the menu.
- Click the Digital Signatures tab and verify that Sony Corporation is listed as Name of signer.
- Connect the Sony Digital Paper to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Wait until the USB connected screen is displayed on the Digital Paper, and then tap Yes.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the DPT-S1_Updater_184.108.40.206270.exe file to begin the installation. WARNING: Do not disconnect the Sony Digital Paper during the update process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Note: The Sony Digital Paper will automatically restart during the update process.
- After the software update is complete, an Update Completed message is displayed.
- In the upper right corner, click the X to close the update utility.
- After the Sony Digital Paper restarts, and the Digital Paper displays an update complete message, the installation of the Update is complete.
Installation Verification (optional)
- On the Sony Digital Paper, press the Home button.
- At the Home menu, tap Applications then Settings.
- At the Settings menu, tap About, and then tap Device Information.
- At the Device Information screen, version 220.127.116.11270 should be displayed. Note: If the version is not 18.104.22.168270, please re-download the file, and then perform the software update again.