IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the the Keyboard Receiver Firmware software and provides the following changes:
- Adds support for enabling or disabling the touchpad gesture functions
- Improve touchpad gesture functions
- Improve keyboard input
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 6.51 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the computer from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the computer to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000605002.exe file to a temporary or download directory on your computer, and make note of this directory for reference.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000605002.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the User Account Control screen, click Yes.
- At the Keyboard Receiver Firmware Update screen, click 1. Update button and the message Updating firmware... will appear on the bottom of the screen. Please wait about one minute for the update to complete and the Update Success! message to appear on the bottom of the screen.
- Please follow the on-screen instruction to begin pairing the VAIO wireless keyboard, or you can follow the the steps below:
- Turn the wireless keyboard switch to the OFF mode.
- Tap the 2. Pairing on the on-screen instructions.
- At the Starting Pairing (3 seconds left) screen, use your right finger to switch the VAIO wireless keyboard switch to the ON mode and at the same time use your left fingers to hold down the Ctrl and Esc keys until the Pairing Success! message appears on the bottom of the screen.
Note: If the Pairing fails message appears on the bottom of the screen, please follow the instructions above to pair the keyboard again.
- When the Pairing Success! message appears on the bottom of the screen, tap Close on the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer to finish the installation.