This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Adds support for the LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter (sold separately)
- LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter supports all A-mount lenses
- Full support is provided for focal plane phase-detection AF, and the AF and high-speed continuous shooting features
- Wide-area focal plane phase-detection AF coverage
- AF features based on subject recognition, including Real-time Eye AF (human, animal) and Real-time Tracking
- AF/AE tracking during continuous shooting at up to 11fps
- STF lenses are manual focus only
- Teleconverters are not supported for use with any A-Mount Adapters
- Autofocus is not available during movie recording when using the LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter
- For AE tracking, the aperture is fixed for the first frame while shutter speed and ISO are used for exposure adjustment
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
Please refer to the HelpGuide for updated function usage.
- ILCE-6600 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 1.10 (Windows)
- 306 MB (321,248,464 bytes)
Before You Start
Check the system software version
Follow the instructions below to check the system software version. If the system software version is Ver.1.10, the update is not required.
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The system software version is displayed as illustrated below.
Operating SystemsThe latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1
Computer hardwareThis system software update requires the following hardware:
- Hard drive space: 500 MB or more
- RAM: 512 MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the system software.
- Power source for the camera
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100.
Note: The update can only be performed when the battery power level is (three bars) or more.
We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
Download & Install
- Use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100.
- Do not remove the battery during the update, as the sudden loss of power may render the camera inoperable.
- Remove the memory card from the camera before starting the update process.
- Prevent your computer from entering Sleep mode.
- Do not connect the camera to other devices except your computer.
How to download the Updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- After reading the disclaimer, click Download.
- The Update_ILCE6600V110.exe file will start downloading.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
Note: With the standard settings of Internet Explorer, the update file will be saved in your Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the downloaded file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer.
Step 1: Start the Updater
- Close all programs currently running on your computer.
- Double-click the Update_ILCE6600V110.exe file that you downloaded. Do not connect the camera to the computer yet.
- The System Software Updater starts.
- Turn on the camera.
- Following the instructions in the System Software Updater window, on the camera, select Menu → Setup → USB Connection and check if Mass Storage is selected. If a mode other than Mass Storage is selected, please select Mass Storage.
- When you connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable, "USB Mode" appears on the LCD screen of the camera.
Note: If the computer cannot find the device, the message "Could not find the camera for this update" is displayed on the computer screen. Please try the following:
- Disconnect the USB cable and connect it again.
- If the computer has multiple USB terminals, try with the other terminals.
- Check the LCD screen of the camera, then click [Next].
Note: The current version number and updated version number appear on the lower left side of the screen. After confirming that the current software version is "Ver.1.00", click [Next]. If the current system software version is 1.10 or later, the update is not required. In this case, disconnect the camera from the computer and click [Finish], turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn the camera back on.
Update is required
Update is not required
- Click [Next].
- After automatically resetting, the update will begin and a progress bar will appear.
IMPORTANT: Never turn off the camera or disconnect the USB cable while updating.
Note: The update will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- When the update is completed, the camera will automatically restart.
- When the LCD screen appears again, click [Finish] and disconnect the USB cable.
Note: After restarting, a data recovery warning is sometimes displayed. This is normal. Please wait until this warning disappears.
Step 2: Confirm the system software version of your device.
- On the camera, select Menu → Setup → Version
- The system software version is displayed.
Questions & Answers
The update does not complete
If the monitor remains black for more than 15 minutes, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Remove the battery and AC adapter from the camera, leave it for a few minutes, then insert the battery again or connect the AC adapter.
- Restart the computer.
- Turn on the camera and perform the installation process again.