You can connect a camera to your computer with a USB connection and transfer images.
- For Apple® computers, refer to the Import photos from a camera or phone using the Photos on Mac article .
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this article, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Note: The steps outlined use a Microsoft® Windows® 11 computer and a ZV-1 camera.
- Turn on the computer and the camera.
- Insert the memory card containing the pictures into the camera.
Note: Skip this step if you want to transfer pictures recorded on the internal memory of a camera. The internal memory will need to be selected from the menu of the camera or auto-selected when the memory card is removed, depending on the camera.
- Set the USB Connection or Transfer mode setting in the camera menu to Mass Storage or Auto.
- Connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable that was supplied with the camera.
Note: Connection through a USB hub or other USB devices, such as printers or keyboards, is not supported and operation isn't guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
- Once the computer recognizes the camera, proceed based on the USB Connection type chosen:
Note: Your computer displays may be different depending on operating system settings. Check Windows documentation for details.
If for some reason the pictures did not copy and your camera supports Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP), try using PTP to copy the pictures.