Questions & Answers: 116
- End of support notification for products using the Windows 7 operating systemOriginally Posted: 10/16/2019 Dear valued Customers, Microsoft® Corporation has announced that they will end their support of the Windows® 7 operating system on January 14, 2020, at which point, security updates
- The car stereo does not respond when using the Apple CarPlay featureIf the car stereo doesn't respond when using the Apple CarPlay® feature, press and hold the HOME button for 10 seconds. The car stereo will reboot and the issue will be resolved.
- Apple CarPlay or Android Auto doesn't connect to the car stereoBefore you start Available services or connection methods will vary depending on the car stereo. Check the prooduct for the compatibility of your car stereo. Make sure that your smartphone is compatible with the
- My car stereo won't play music from the USB deviceNot all car stereo receivers have USB capabilities. To see if your car stereo has the USB function described in this solution, check the specifications or the supplied operating guide. Wait for approximately 20
- How to tune to a radio station on car stereoFollow these steps to tune to a radio station on your car stereo. Press the SOURCE, HOME, or MODE button on the main unit of the car stereo, and then select radio or Tuner. Select band (AM or FM). To tune automatically
- The Apple CarPlay or Android Auto operation slow down when used for a long period of timeIf the Apple CarPlay® or Android™ Auto operation slows down when used for a long period of time, disconnect and then reconnect the phone from the unit.
- My car stereo doesn't recognize files from a connected USB deviceThis may occur if your USB device has exceeded the maximum capacity of folders or files that your car stereo can recognize. Check the table below to determine the maximum number of folders and files your car stereo
- After updating to a new version of the iOS, the Apple CarPlay function doesn't workAfter updating to a new iOS™ version, the Siri® voice recognition may be turned OFF, which will prevent the Apple CarPlay® feature from working. To resolve this issue, make sure Siri is set to ON and then launch
- Can't find the icons for my sources and the Settings icon on the car stereoFollow these steps: On your car stereo, press the HOME button to display the home screen and source icons. On the home screen, swipe to the left to display the Settings icon.
- The Bluetooth setting isn't available during CarPlay connectionThe Bluetooth® setting won't be available during Apple CarPlay® connection. This is normal operation. You can access the Bluetooth setting after using the CarPlay.