You can now teach aibo places that you want aibo to avoid. Using the map in the My aibo app, add a chili pepper, aibo's least favorite smell, to a location. Once you do that, aibo will tend to stay away from that location.
What can I do with chili peppers, and what is the aibo Territory?
Chili peppers are aibo's least favorite smell, and you can use them to teach aibo to stay away from certain places. Adding a chili pepper on the map in the My aibo app makes aibo not want to approach those areas.
What types of chili peppers can I use?
There are two types; the chili pepper and the very hot chili pepper. The difference is the distance aibo will stay away from the location:
- Chili pepper: Stops aibo from approaching at a range of about 9.8 inches (25 cm) radius
- Very hot chili pepper: Stops aibo from approaching at a range of about 19.6 inches (50 cm) radius
How many chili peppers can I add out on the My aibo app?
You can add chili peppers and very hot chili peppers in a total of 10 locations. If you place peppers in more than 10 locations, the oldest location is removed.
Does aibo resent it if chili peppers are put out?
Don't worry, aibo doesn't really like to approach locations where chili peppers have been placed, but there are no hard feelings or resentment. Also, placing chili peppers doesn't stunt aibo's growth.
I want to put out some chili peppers, but the map isn't displayed in the My aibo app.
The map is displayed when aibo is up and walking around. If you do not see the map, have aibo walk around for a while, and then check again to see if the map is displayed.
Can I put out chili peppers even though the map is incomplete?
If the map opens in the My aibo app and there is at least 1 tile in the walking map, then you can put out chili peppers. However, it is better to wait to put them out until the map seems big enough to be complete.
Can I delete chili peppers that I have put out?
You can delete them from the map in the My aibo app.
Does the app limit where I can put chili peppers?
You can only place them on map tiles in places where aibo can walk.
Are there places where I shouldn't put chili peppers, or where I'd better not put them?
Check the following:
- Chili peppers are not an absolute guarantee that aibo will not approach a specified area. Don't use aibo near breakable things or dangerous locations, such as the tops of stairs or near heaters.
- If you put chili peppers near where aibo goes potty or welcomes you home, aibo's desire to approach will be stronger, and it will detour around or won't be able to go. So avoid putting chili peppers near where aibo goes potty or welcomes you home if possible. Or, retrain aibo so the places it goes potty and welcomes you home are away from any chili peppers.
Is it absolutely impossible for aibo to go in places where chili peppers have been put?
Chili peppers are not an absolute guarantee that aibo will not approach a specified area. Depending on its feeling or condition, aibo may just approach these places anyway. For example, if aibo is lost or is trying to remember its map, it may approach some places in certain conditions. Furthermore, aibo may become overly enthusiastic and end up approaching a place, so avoid putting chili peppers near toys or things that could catch aibo's interest.
What happens if aibo approaches chili peppers?
If aibo realizes it has come close to a chili pepper, it moves away of its own accord or to a safe location.
aibo makes strange sounds when it is near chili peppers.
aibo will make strange sounds or noises if it is surprised by finding a chili pepper.
After putting out chili peppers, aibo cannot go back to its charging station. What should I do?
Use one of the following methods to make enough distance between the chili peppers and charging station:
- Use the My aibo app to move the chili peppers away from the charging station
- Move the charging station away from the chili peppers
If I put out chili peppers that create a no-go zone, what happens on the map?
Over time, aibo gradually forgets about places where it doesn't walk. If you want to remake the map, delete the chili peppers and let aibo explore.
What should I do if I moved to a new house but left chili peppers on the map of the previous house?
As you put chili peppers in your new house, the old ones will disappear.