How to install the external DVD drive and driver.
- Turn on the notebook computer.
- Remove the PC card from the bottom of the DVD-ROM drive.
- Connect the supplied AC adapter to the DVD-ROM drive and an AC outlet.
- Insert the PC card into the PC card slot on the notebook computer with the SONY logo side facing up. The POWER indicator on the DVD-ROM drive will light up green when the notebook computer detects the drive.
- Insert the supplied application CD into the CDROM drive.
- Install the DVD Express software and Media Bar DVD Player Software.
- Do not connect or disconnect the supplied AC adapter while the DVD drive is in use or the notebook computer is in power saving mode. Disconnect the AC adapter after removing the PC card.
- If the DVD-ROM drive is connected to the notebook computer using the DVD-ROM drive with the supplied AC adapter, the PC card interface is set to the CardBus mode automatically. This enables high-speed data transfer (enables reading of DVD-ROM disc data at a speed of 8x max. and CD-ROM data at a speed of 24x max.). When you use the drive in the CardBus mode, the POWER indicator lights steadily in green.
- The DVD-ROM drive will also work without the supplied AC adapter. In this configuration, the PC card interface is set to the 16-bit mode automatically and the DVD-ROM drive transfers data at a slower rate than in the CardBus mode (enables reading of DVD-ROM disc data at a speed of about 2x max. and CD-ROM data at a speed of 12x max.). When you use the drive in the 16-bit mode, the POWER indicator flashes green.
- The disc tray does not open by connecting the drive's AC adapter and pressing the eject button. Before pushing the eject button, you must connect the drive's PC card to the notebook computer and verify that the green power lamp is on or flashing