Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the picture status after completing each step.
NOTE: If further assistance is needed to complete any of the steps below, consult the instruction manual of the product in question. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Adjust the color settings on your TV to make sure the issue is not a simple screen adjustment.
- Make sure the disc player is properly connected.
IMPORTANT: The disc player should be connected directly to a TV or Audio/Video (A/V) receiver. It should not be connected to a VCR. This issue can occur if a video signal encrypted with copyright protection passes through a VCR.
- If using A/V cables, check that the red, white, and yellow plugs are securely connected to the same colored jacks on both the disc player and TV (or A/V receiver).
- If using component cables, check that the red, green, and blue plugs are securely connected to the same colored Y/Pb/Pr jacks on both the disc player and TV (or A/V receiver).
- If using an S-Video cable, check that it is securely connected to both the disc player and TV (or A/V receiver).
NOTE: When the disc player is connected through an A/V receiver, you should also check the connections between the A/V receiver and the TV.
- Try playing a different disc to see if the issue only occurs with the one disc.
- If the issue is occurring with more than one disc, replace the cables connecting the disc player to the TV (or A/V receiver).
NOTE: When the disc player is connected through an A/V receiver, you should also try changing or replacing the cable between the A/V receiver and TV.
- Try connecting the disc player to different input jacks on the TV (or A/V receiver) and change the input mode accordingly to determine if the issue is with a particular input jack.
- Try playing another video source (such as a VCR) to determine whether or not the issue only occurs with the disc player.
- If the issue occurs with other video sources, then the problem is with the TV (or A/V receiver).
- If the issue only occurs when using the disc player, then the disc player may require service .
- If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.