Questions & Answers: 63
- Error (instead of Reader) appears next to the Reader icon in Reader software.To correct this issue, download and install the most recent version of the Reader™ software for PC or Mac® software from the following link: https://ebookstore.sony.com/download/
- How to authorize a device for use with Adobe DRM-protected content or the Adobe Digital Editions software.NOTE: A separate installation of the Adobe® Digital Editions software is not necessary if the latest version of the Reader™ (eBook) Library is installed. After you have downloaded Adobe DRM-protected content and
- Unable to disconnect the Reader from the computer using the Safely Remove Hardware feature on the computer.While the Reader is connected to the computer and the Reader (eBook) Library software is open, if you attempt to use the Safely Remove Hardware feature in the Windows® operating system, an error indicating that
- Reader Library software locks up when attempting to access the library.IMPORTANT: After completing this procedure, it will be necessary to import your content back into the library software. Uninstall and then reinstall the Reader™ Library software.
- Invalid type error is displayed in the Reader (eBook) Library software when the Reader is connected to the computer.This error can be caused by content or an issue with the Reader. Follow these steps to resolve this issue: Disconnect the Reader from the computer. Hard reset the Reader. Turn on the Reader and connect it to the
- How to check the firmware version of the Reader® Digital Book.In the Home menu, touch Settings. In the Settings menu, touch About.
- How to transfer books from the Reader for PC or Mac software to the Reader Digital Book.NOTE: These steps apply to both Windows® and Apple® Mac OS® operating systems. Download a book from your download books folder. Connect the Reader Digital Book to the computer. Start the Reader for PC or Mac software
- Unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network.If you are unable to connect to a Wi-Fi® network or receive an error when trying, refer to the information below: IMPORTANT:Before doing any troubleshooting, make sure that your Reader Daily Edition™ digital book
- What Is Wireless Encryption and Why Is It Used?Wireless encryption secures your wireless network with an authentication protocol. It requires a password or network key when a user or device tries to connect. If your wireless network isn't secure, unauthorized