This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
Improves secure communication
IMPORTANT: This firmware update must be performed in order to keep using the Chromecast built-in music distribution service. It will be automatically installed at a time when there is an active network connection available, and the device is not being used.
- Firmware update 95709055 for SRS-XB402G
Check the firmware version
If the version is displayed as 72496049 or lower, we strongly recommend updating the firmware. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Connect the Wireless Speaker to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone using the Google Home application.
- Start up the Google Home application on your smartphone.
- Select the Home icon.
- Select the device icon for the SRS-XB402G.
- Click the Device Settings icon.
- The system firmware version will appear in the Information category.
Download & Install
The software of the Wireless Speaker will be automatically updated to the latest version while connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. A new software update will be delivered from time to time when new features become available or an update is required for improved use.
- You cannot disable the automatic software update.
- Previous versions of the software cannot be retrieved.
- Do not turn off the Wireless Speaker while it is updating. The Wireless Speaker may not be operational while updating.
- By using this product, agreement to Sony's EULA is necessary.
- The software for the Wireless Speaker is automatically updated from time to time, and you cannot choose or refuse to download this automatically-updated software.
- During the update, the status indicator (Google Assistant) will flash in blue or purple as the software of your Wireless Speaker is being downloaded and/or installed.
NOTE: Wait until the status indicator (Google Assistant) stops flashing before attempting to use the Wireless Speaker.