This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Improves general performance and stability of the TV
- Improves performance and stability of overall UI (user interface) operation
- Fixes a backlight flickering issue
- Fixes an issue with the Showtime Anytime app
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries/regions.
What You Need
- A computer with access to the Internet
- A USB flash driveNote: You can update your TV even if there are other files on the USB flash drive.
- Firmware update to 60414 for TV
Zip File Name
- 768 783 008 bytes
Your software may already be up to date. If you're not sure, follow these instructions to check which version of software you have:
- Using the remote control, turn on your TV, and then press the HELP button.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- If Help menu appears on the left side: The software version number is shown below the model name on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- If Customer Support menu appears on the right side: Select Contact & Support and press Enter. The model and the software version should be displayed on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- If the version number is 60414, you already have the most recent firmware.
There are 2 ways to update the firmware on your BRAVIA TV:
- Using the System software update feature (easy)
- Using a USB flash drive
Using the System software update feature (easy):
Sony provides software updates in order to enhance functionalities and provide users with the latest TV experience. The easiest way to receive software updates is via the Internet connection to the TV. If you get the notification for a system software update, you can install it from the Home Menu.
The new firmware update will be rolling out gradually to all Internet-connected TVs over the weeks following its release.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the Questions and Answers on the Sony Support Site.
Using a USB flash drive:
You can also update the software by using a USB flash drive. If an Internet connection is not set up on your TV, or you don't want to wait for the update via System software update feature, download and update using a USB flash drive as instructed below.
Download & Install
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Do not turn off the TV or disconnect it from power while it's updating.
- Do not press any buttons other than the ones mentioned in these instructions.
How to download the Updater
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB flash drive.
- Download the update file to your computer.
- Click the Download button on the top of the page, then read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the Download button on the bottom of the page to download the update file on your computer.
- Verify the downloaded file name and size (see the File Info section).
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Copy or drag and drop the file (sony_atvondfull_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.zip) to the root directory of your USB device.Note: The root directory is the first or top-most directory of the device, which contains all the other folders.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your computer and continue to the next section.
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file and prepared your USB device, you can install it on your TV. The process can take up to 15 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on the TV.
- Make sure that no USB devices are inserted into your TV.
- Insert your USB flash drive containing the file (sony_atvondfull_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.zip) into a USB port of the TV set.Note: Any USB slot can be used if the TV has multiple USB ports.
- Once the USB flash drive has been detected, a series of different messages will appear on the TV set. Follow the on-screen instructions.Note: If the messages do not appear automatically, try turning the TV off and on with the remote control.
- When the file is finished copying from the USB flash drive, the update process will begin, the POWER indicator on the TV will begin flashing amber.
- After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update.
WARNING!During the software installation process, please do not:
- Remove the USB device
- Turn off the TV
- Disconnect the TV from the power supply
- When the software update is complete, a message appears on the TV indicating the software update is complete.
- Carefully remove the USB device from the USB slot.
Step 2: Check that the update was successful
Check the current software version to confirm that the update has successfully been installed.
- If the version number is PKG60414.xxxx, the software update was successful.
- If the version number isn't PKG60414.xxxx, download and install the update again.
Questions & Answers
Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
Can I install an older version of the software?
No. To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older software version is not possible. The latest software version contains all the benefits and improvements of previous versions.
Is it normal for the TV to turn off during the update process?
Yes, it's normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take longer for the TV to restart while installing the new software.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware
If the message An error occurred during the software update is displayed on the TV screen, please proceed to the following procedures for a possible solution:
- Make sure the TV has at least 2 GB available in the storage.
- On the remote control, press the HOME button to display the HOME menu.
- Navigate to Settings and select it.
- Navigate to Device Preferences and select it.
- Navigate to Storage and select it.
- Navigate to Internal Shared Storage and select it.
- Navigate to Available and check the current available storage.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set.
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
- If the message No newer version of the TV software was found is displayed on the TV screen, your TV already has the newest software version installed, so you don't need to update it.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the Questions and Answers section on the Sony Support Site.